As an educator, it is unequivocally indispensable to curate and maintain a digital footprint, which can enable seamless and unfettered access to pedagogical material for posterity.
The provisioning of online teaching platforms, as opposed to traditional classroom instruction, ushers in a panoply of advantages; not least is the potential for excellent administration, archiving, and retrieval of educational resources via various platforms. Furthermore, this portends a promising opportunity for putative pupils to partake in such helpful academic resources.
Online platforms provide an opportunity for tutors to expand their audience and make use of their class materials. However, this can only be achieved with the help of efficient software that offers user-friendly features. In this regard, Thinkific vs. Mighty Networks are two popular platforms worth exploring.
Thinkific vs Mighty Networks: A Comprehensive Comparison
The main objective of Thinkific is to assist individuals in sharing their course materials on the internet. The software offers tools that enable users to establish their brand and only requires a small audience to get started. Many individuals have found Thinkific an excellent choice for monetizing their course materials, as it provides e-commerce features and helps with marketing their program.
Thinkific main features
The following are the features offered by Thinkific:
- Customizable Landing Pages: The Thinkific platform allows users to create personalized landing pages by customizing CSS and HTML. Users can also utilize custom domains to enhance branding efforts.
- Marketing Features: Thinkific offers a variety of marketing tools to help users attract more members to their courses. These tools include coupons and payment plans that tutors can use to promote their courses and increase enrollments.
- Assessment and Certification: Thinkific enables tutors to create comprehensive assignments and quizzes for members to complete. This feature allows for aptitude exams to be included and the issuance of certificates upon course completion.
- Progress Monitoring: Thinkific generates detailed reports on the progress of members. The platform assesses completed assignments and exams to track progress and provide insights for improvement.
- Live Instruction: Tutors can conduct live lessons using pre-recorded videos or video conferencing/audio conferencing. This feature provides flexibility in the delivery of course content.
Here are some of the pros of using Thinkific:
- Advanced Customizations: Users can personalize their pages to match their brand and even integrate external websites into the platform.
- Responsive Support Team: Thinkific's support team promptly addresses user inquiries and concerns.
- Ideal for E-Commerce: With Thinkific, users can receive payments from over 100 countries without transaction fees, making it an excellent choice for those focused on e-commerce.
- User-Friendly Interface: Thinkific's platform is designed with an intuitive layout that is easy to navigate, making it accessible for both beginner startups and seasoned managers.
Here are some of the cons of using Thinkific:
- Security Issues: Some users who have not paid for the subscription can gain access to course materials by obtaining the content URL through the "View Html" feature on their browsers and easily sharing it with others, which compromises the security of the platform.
- Inflexible Payment Process: The checkout process has a fixed design, which cannot be customized to the user's preferences.
- Restricted Media Size: Thinkific only accepts JPG images and does not support PNG images, limiting the quality and size of the images users can upload. Subsequently, you will upload low-quality photos to the platform.
The purpose of Mighty Network is to assist businesses in building a community around their online courses, for which participants must pay. The software integrates with social media platforms to enable users to develop a strong brand following. This feature allows brands with a large social media following to easily convert their followers into course material sales using Mighty Networks.
Mighty Network's main features
The following are some of the main features of Mighty Network:
- Referral Program: The referral program in Mighty Networks allows tutors to promote their courses through their existing members. Members referring the course to their friends will get the reward, which helps increase the number of members in a course and, ultimately, the profit.
- Facebook Pixel Integration: Mighty Networks allows users to track conversions from Facebook ads. This feature helps users determine the effectiveness of their Facebook marketing campaigns and adjust their target audience accordingly.
- Custom Subscription Plans: Tutors can transfer their current members to Mighty Networks by creating custom subscription plans for each client. You can edit these plans and set the duration to match the client's remaining subscription time on their previous platform.
- Qualification Questions for New Users: Tutors can create up to five questions and attach them to their landing page. These questions also serve as a screening tool to determine whether new clients are suitable for the course. Moreover, this feature helps tutors organize members into appropriate courses based on their qualifications.
- Search Indexing Control: This feature allows users to enable or disable search engine indexing for members' posts and profiles. When turned off, only the course landing page is searchable, and members can be hidden from search engines.
Mighty Networks pros
Here are some of the pros of using Mighty Network:
- Social Media Integration: Tutors can also leverage the power of social media platforms like Facebook to build a community around their courses and increase their brand recognition.
- Interactive Community: Mighty Networks encourages member interaction, allowing them to discuss various topics related to the course. Tutors can also assign individual topics to group members for personalized interaction.
- Video Streaming: Tutors can engage their members through video streaming within the Mighty Networks platform. The mobile application also supports video streaming, providing members a seamless experience.
- Platform Integrations: Mighty Networks seamlessly integrates with other platforms, allowing tutors to leverage features from Facebook Live, Crowdcast, and other tools to reach out to more members and promote virtual events.
Mighty Networks cons
Here are some of the cons of using Thinkific:
- Challenging Navigation: The platform's design may vary from other social sites, which can cause difficulties for new members to navigate the course, potentially impacting their interaction and engagement.
- Limited Design Options: Tutors may have to settle for a basic landing page for their courses, as the platform only offers a limited number of colors, and the design tools provide a standard format for organizing the page.
- Manual Discount Code Creation: To give new members discounts, the tutor has to manually create a plan for a discounted subscription, as Mighty Network does not automatically generate discount codes.
Thinkific vs Mighty Networks: Pricing
Thinkific has the following pricing plans:
Mighty Network has the following pricing plans:
Thinkific vs Mighty Networks: main differences
Mighty Networks and Thinkific differ in several ways:
- Thinkific is primarily designed to offer an online learning platform, while Mighty Networks is focused on providing a platform for creating and growing online communities.
- Thinkific offers a free version for its users, while Mighty Networks does not provide a free version.
- Mighty Networks offers a mobile application, whereas Thinkific does not have a dedicated app.
Thinkific vs Mighty Networks: Final Thoughts
When comparing Mighty Networks vs CThinkific, both platforms offer reliable software options. They provide various marketing incentives to increase sales of course materials and have user-friendly interfaces. While Thinkific is excellent for generating sales, Mighty Networks is better suited for building reputable brands due to its community-based software.
Are you thinking they don’t fulfill all your needs and looking for something else? Teachfloor is an advanced online course academy creation and hosting platform that helps course creators, L&D professionals, and training organizations build and deliver engaging online courses.
The platform offers flexible models like live learning with Zoom integration, asynchronous education, and blended learning. It also provides advanced features, including white labeling, student reports, analytics, email automation, and an interactive community to create and deliver high-quality courses.
Teachfloor offers no hidden charges and special discounts for non-profit organizations, making it accessible to many users. Users can test the platform for free with a 14-day trial, explore its features and tools, and see how it can help create and deliver practical online courses. Pricing options include Pro, Business, and Enterprise, starting from $59/year.
Teachfloor offers everything needed to build and deliver world-class online courses. It's suitable for anyone, from independent course creators to L&D professionals and training organizations, looking for affordable and flexible options to create compelling online learning experiences.
Read also: 8 Best Mighty Networks Alternatives in 2023